Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Call to Confession, by Dr. Jim Savage

A CALL TO CONFESSION: AWARENESS

As Believers it is our privilege to Share the Good News. It is our responsibility after we have met Jesus. He IS our Life and we want others to Know this great Gift of Love.


REFLECTION: EMMAUS ROAD EXPERIENCE:

In a way, the disciples leaving Jerusalem and walking to Emmaus were experiencing may of our misperceptions about God. They had expected a Messiah who would accomplish things their way, on their timetable, to their satisfaction. And instead, He had been killed. That was it. Their time had been wasted. Their hopes had been dashed.

Then a man caught up with them and accompanied them to their home. He was interested in their feelings about the situation. He kept them talking, while they revealed to Him their fears, their disappointment, and ultimately the Love that lay beneath their pain.

In a sense, they were walking away from their commitment to discipleship because Jesus hadn't performed correctly...or the way they had expected.......

Jesus put Himself totally at their disposal for as long as they desired His Presence. He taught and didn't rebuke. He listened and spoke as long as it took to ignite Anew the Fire in their hearts. He revealed Himself in the breaking of the bread. By the time He disappeared from their midst, their commitment had been Rekindled. They ran, not walked, back to Jerusalem.


Lord Jesus, You speak to us and our world changes. You say, "Be still!" and all of creation listens. All recognize Your voice. This same voice spoke everything into Being with the dawning of time. You are Lord over All and give Peace to All who take the time to be still and listen for Your voice today. Peace You leave with us. Thank You, Christ Jesus. Amen.


"Be Still My Soul" (1752, Katharina von Schlegel)

Be still my soul! Thy God doth undertake To guide the future as He has the past.

Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

All now Mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still my soul! The waves and winds still Know His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.


AFFIRMATION: Feeling Peace in the Moment:

I take a few moments throughout the day to rest from all activities---from thinking and talking, looking and doing----and become still.

I let go of any expectations of what I should feel or do. The less I focus on myself and my surroundings, the more at Peace I am.

I maintain Awareness of the Present Moment. There are no concerns to distract me, no disruptions to my time alone with God.

I rest in the Silence and let Serenity wash over me.

The Peace I experience in the quiet of this Sacred Time brings respite and Renewal to my soul. I am in the Flow of God's Love.

Thank You, Father God. Thank You, Christ Jesus. Thank You, Holy Spirit. Amen.

"The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you Peace." (Numbers 6:26)

"For He is the Living God and He endures forever; His kingdom will not be destroyed, His dominion will never end. He rescues and He saves; He performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth." (Daniel 6:26-27)

No comments: