Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE

By Dr. Jim Savage

"I have often thought that life is a journey and existence is a constant movement: truths to be discovered, mysteries to be experienced, a surge of energy toward a goal, and an expression of passion toward a fulfillment. I am of the belief that in the life of each person there is a grand search to address fundamental matters: Who am I? Why am I here? Where will I go? A search for many things: philosophical, practical, and spiritual. Among the many reference points---family, education, society, and experience---faith and the teachings of the church are a major help. This search is at the core of the freedom in each individual's life......

What is God's will in my life? What is God's plan for me? ....This is the doorstep of spiritual direction.

This gift is in each person created by God. It is God's marvelous gift, an invitation to draw our lives closer to Him, and it is for us to decide to respond to that gift." (Luis O. Corpus, "Spiritual Direction: Pathway to Growth")

AFFIRMATION: Awareness
This is the season of busyness....the beginning of holiday activities and events. In the coming days, how will I respond and not neglect myself and my relationships with God, with family.........
I must stay focused and remember always that God's Spirit is within me every moment. I can relax and enjoy life. I Know that God is my Source of strength, wisdom, and love.
Being In The Moment with this realization prepares me for each day. Now is the time......
Thank You, Loving God. Thank You, Christ Jesus. Thank You, Holy Spirit. Amen. Amen.

"I thank You, Lord, that You have put eternity within my heart and that nothing else on earth can ever totally satisfy me." (Unknown)

"The world and its desires pass away, but the one who does the will of God lives forever." (1 John 2:17)

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me." (Matt 16:24)

In Christ,
Jim

No comments: